Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vera Wang Lovestruck - my possible new love?

Vera Wang Lovestruck - my possible new love?

I know you're probably all bored of my fragrance posts but I've just got to introduce this new scent on BeautyFragrance Boudoir because I am shocked and pleased to announce that I may have another favourite here. Why shocked, you ask? See, the scent in question is by Vera Wang. I love her dresses and couture, I really do but her Princess scents just didn't do it for me. I remember my ex buying a bottle of Princess for me  and me turning my nose up at it as soon as I smelt it. I went: 'Hey, I'm not 16 anymore - it's my 24th birthday, y'know.' It was so sweet and so very girly and I simply didn't find it pleasant or appealing. And as for my ex - we broke up 2 months after that incident.*

Today the spotlight's on Vera Wang's newest fragrance. It's called Lovestruck and let me tell ya - there was no 'ew, I'm too old for this' or 'ohmigod, this is way too sweet' with this perfume. It was more like lust at first sight. I say 'lust', 'cause when I first saw this bottle...:



...I just couldn't keep my hands off it. Woah. What a beauty she is! Look at those flowers, look at the design, the colour.... Everything. How could it leave anyone feeling neutral? Impossible I say!

Vera Wang has said: "Lovestruck ... the name of my brand new fragrance…All about being overwhelmed, inexplicably, hopelessly in love. Allowing yourself to feel passion inspite of yourself, the situation, the repercussions. A new definition of Romeo and Juliet! Sexy, sensual, and unstoppable!"

"Lovestruck opens with notes of exotic and juicy pink guava and soothing angelica blossom. The middle notes “bloom” with tones of intoxicating and sensual tuberose with aquatic lotus flower. Precious woody notes and sheer musk form a solid perfume base."


And my thoughts on the juice itself? Gorgeous! It's all guava and lots of spicy, sweet rose-like notes at first and a refreshing lotus flower rocking out alongside tuberose in the middle. I think the easiest way to describe Lovestruck is: a beautiful spicy fruity floral opening that is a bit moody and decides to mellow down after 15 minutes or so. It goes all creamy in the middle: a pretty, creamy tuberose with hints of lotus and some other flowers. It is sweet but not too sweet and at some point you'll catch a whiff that will make you go: 'Wait, is that Princess?' but fear not, this fragrance is more powerful than Princess (though I'm aware a lot of people luuurve Princess so they won't be fearing at all). It is a bit more grown up. Think early and mid 20's, think rock chick, think tousled hair, think gigs. Yes, to me this smells like something I'd wear on a night out in Camden (London, pub and gig central). BUT it would be equally suitable for work/college/uni - Lovestruck is a day to night fragrance.
I know the ad and the bottle of Lovestruck are extremely girly but I really appreciate this scent because it's got personality. It is a fruity-floral-woody-sweet-musky perfume. I like getting to know my scents, I like sniffing them on my wrist quite a few times during the day. I'm always trying to work out their character, and Lovestruck definitely doesn't strike me as a 'too young/just turned 16' scent. I see mass appeal here. I see it becoming more famous than Princess (I mean it). I see.... I see a perfume that 90% of girls/women will like. I simply can not imagine anyone dissing it or not standing it (hello to my 24-year-old self and VW Princess!).

You like sweet, fruity Britney Fantasy-like scents? Try Lovestruck. You prefer floral beauties such as Gucci Envy Me? Try Lovestruck. Or maybe you're addicted to fresh, 'pink' scents... Lacoste's Touch Of Pink perhaps? You've got to try Lovestruck! And hello to everyone who loved (and still loves) Vera's Princess -  great news for you too as Lovestruck will most definitely appeal to you.

The very pretty sweet floral fruity Lovestruck can be bought in most (department and perfume selling) stores and retails at £35 for 30ml. Here's a link to it on Boots' website.

And yes, Lovestruck may very well become my new love. We're at lust stage right now... Let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copy protected by Beauty Glamour and Sex

(Distribution or copying data over any site or any community (Facebook Page) without providing any link of this blog is protected.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detector
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Like Beauty and Glamour Tips

Random

Recent Posts