Thursday, August 11, 2011

Quick review/picture post: ELF Studio Matte Lip Colours

ELF Studio Matte Lip Colours

ELF have recently brought out quite a few new products in their Studio line and I was contacted to ask if I'd like to review one of the new Studio Line additions - the Matte Lip Colour. I hesitated at first as I'm not the biggest ELF fan (I know I'm in minority here) but then thought: hey, I don't actually have tons of lip products so who knows, I may discover something new, something that I'll be bothered to use every day (I usually forget to use lippies!).
I was sent two of the lip colours - by the way, there are four available on their website - and I've been kind of testing 'em out for a couple of days now. Don't worry, It's not a rushed review, I've already made up my mind on these two products.




The coral-y/orange-y shade is called, erm, Coral and the darker pink/lilac-y one is Tea Rose.

                                                          (daylight, no flash, l-r: Tea Rose, Coral)

                                                          (with flash, l-r: Tea Rose, Coral)

ELF say: This convenient jumbo sized lip pencil creates exact colour application with twist up ease so you never have to sharpen. The pigment rich colour glides on effortlessly and easily to provide long lasting matte colour. The enriched Vitamin A, C & E formula moisturizes and hydrates lips for beautiful healthy looking lips.
Apply to lips and blend in color. Re-apply as often as desired. Use alone or layer with your favorite lip gloss shade for a glossy effect.

OK, firstly, I do like the Coral one's colour - it looks pretty  and actually suits me very well. Tea Rose I'm not such a big fan of. As you can see from the swatches above, it simply looks lilac. No, purple. I mean, my pale skin + lilac/purple lips = a 'half dead' (or take the word 'half' out of there) look.
Sow we've established that Coral is a nice colour, yes? Now, regarding the texture - these feel quite dry on my lips. IF I choose to wear a lipstick, I usually go for creamier ones as my lips are often dry and cracked. I know ELF promise to 'moisturise' lips with these lip colours, but sadly, I didn't notice any such effect. They felt dry, my lips felt dry and a bit uncomfortable and every time I've used Coral (well, I've only used it on my lips four times but hey, still better than one time with Tea Rose that left me looking very unwell!), I've ended up wiping it off after a while.
These lip colours are quite long lasting - I wore Coral while eating brekkie this morning and it stayed put (which makes sense as it is matte and sort of clings onto the lips), but I just can't get past the 'dry feeling.'

If your lips are in better condition than mine and you like Barry M lip paints (I find these two products - lip paints and Studio Matte lip colous - quite similar in consistency), then do give these a go. They're not bad and have decent staying power, it's just that I prefer something a bit more moisturising on my lips. I'm sure I will wear Coral again but will it be my preferred lip product? No.

ELF Studio Matte Lip Colours are available here and cost £3.50 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copy protected by Beauty Glamour and Sex

(Distribution or copying data over any site or any community (Facebook Page) without providing any link of this blog is protected.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detector
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Like Beauty and Glamour Tips

Random

Recent Posts