Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Bvlgari's Male Scents

New Bvlgari's Male Scents

The August evenings are making it warm around these parts, and I can think of no better products to keep yourself smelling your best than these two Bvlgari scents. Miss A has been spoiling me again - one of her latest purchases was Aqva by Bvlgari.


This has to be the most aquatic scent I think I own, which is rather apt considering its title. If I had to choose an adjective to describe it on first spraying, it would have to be "fresh". If sea water splashing on rocks could be converted into a perfume, then this would be it. As it dries down, you're left with a sharper citrus note, which could be grapefruit or orange? It does retain its initial freshness though, and for me it makes a great casual scent. It wouldn't be one to wear to an office meeting (although you'd certainly still smell fantastic), it's more what you would wear to a cocktail soiree or twilight party. After 30 minutes or so is when this freshness starts to display its fervent masculinity. If I'd just jumped out of a McLaren, having done 50 laps of Silverstone, I'd want to smell like this... Fresh, masculine and strong.

So for example, say I haven't just careered around at 200mph for a few hours, but I'm suited and booted and about to step out of the back seat of my chauffeur driven E-Class Mercedes to head off a boardroom coup and keep control of my company. I'd want to smell expensive, confident, opulent and in control, right? So I'd choose another Bvlgari scent - this time I'd go for Bvlgari Man. It is a really woody scent, that is for sure. Woody and oriental. It's not particularly youthful but for me that is a bonus - it's called Man after all, not "Boy" or "Apprentice". It's for the man who has made it.




The first thing you notice is its woodiness, but this soon dries down to become warmer and almost powdery. There is also a definite hint of smoke - but only smoke, not tobacco. I'd categorise this scent as being up there with the traditional male objects - a Rolls Royce motorcar, fine Scotch whisky and expensive Cuban cigars. What is wonderful is that this scent lasts, too. The final stage of this scent is one of sweet darkness - think of dark Demerara sugar or thick honey. But hey, not too sweet - this scent is still one for the real men and not the boys.

Edit from Miss A: see what I mean by 'twist'? Mr A's review is a lot more fun to read than mine! McLaren, Silverstone, E-class Mercs - this review's got it all!
More info ('cause he didn't include the official notes, did he?) on Aqva here and on Man here. Both available at most department stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copy protected by Beauty Glamour and Sex

(Distribution or copying data over any site or any community (Facebook Page) without providing any link of this blog is protected.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detector
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Like Beauty and Glamour Tips

Random

Recent Posts