Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara

New Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara

Do you know a lot about Revlon mascaras? I know I don't. Sure, I'm very familiar with their foundations - hello, Colorstay and Photoready! - and their Colourburst lipsticks are oh so pretty but their mascaras? Eh? Yes, I know Revlon DO mascaras but I've never actually bought one. Why? I suppose I hadn't heard that many good things about them. They haven't stood out when I've visited Boots and most reviews I've read have been 'it-was-okay.' And I don't want just an 'okay' mascara. So, Revlon, I'm sorry guys, but I've been overlooking your mascaras for a long time.
And now, please ignore all this previous ramble 'cause today I'm actually showing you a mascara from... Revlon! No, I didn't buy it - it was sent to me. What did I think when I first got it? 'Ooh exciting, can't wait to try it', 'cause this is what I'm like, ladies - excitable, and even though I had always thought Revlon's mascaras are nothing special at all, here I was, itching to try it. Please, take a look at the product that caused this buzzing excitement - Revlon's Grow Luscious Plumping mascara:




Nice and sleek green/silver packaging. You likey? I do!
Revlon promise that Grow Luscious Plumping mascara's 'precision tapered brush grabs every lash, individually, and coats it to plump perfection' and that its 'conditioning formula helps strengthen and plump lashes for up to 200% instantly for maximum volume.' 
Speaking of the brush, I reviewed L'Oreal's Lash Architect 4D a couple of months ago (click here for review) and I said how its brush was quite long and unusual and a few people commented saying it looked scary (it honestly is not!) - well, Grow Luscious's just about beats that of Lash Architect:


(left: Lash Architect 4D, right: Grow Luscious Plumping)

Revlon's brush is a bit mightier (and scarier? Ha, I hope not) and I quite like it. I mean, I got used to Lash Architect's brush quite quickly and honestly, they're both very easy to 'manage.'
I aplogise to those who want to see a photo of my eye/eyelashes - I'm not good at taking pictures of various parts of my face so I'm afraid you'll have to trust me here because what I'm about to tell you is true.
Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping is a fabulous daytime mascara. It applies nicely and evenly and its fairly wet formula (which I personally don't mind) dries quite quickly. Two coats of this do a great job at volumising, darkening and lengthening my lashes.
I've got this in Blackest Black and it really does give me super dark, lush eyelashes. Does this mascara give a false lash effect? No, not at all but hey, I wasn't expecting it anyway. The finish of it is somewhere between the natural and 'slightly fake' lash look. I love that it doesn't clump yet thickens and lengthens my lashes nicely. Grow Luscious gives me a lovely, wide eyed look and I love it for it. No smudging to complain about either.

If you like your lashes looking fairly natural and need just a bit of oomph and length, then do give this a go. It promises to also condition lashes and I say, yes, it's definitely doing something. My lashes feel soft when I'm wearing this - there's no heavy feeling, no irritation. Plus it's never flaked or smudged and I even believe it's 'semi waterproof' (I had a bit of a cry the other day and it stayed put. I said 'semi waterproof' because I'm not sure if you could actually swim with this on and not get any flakes. I actually very much doubt it!).

Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping mascara is available from Boots and retails at £9.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copy protected by Beauty Glamour and Sex

(Distribution or copying data over any site or any community (Facebook Page) without providing any link of this blog is protected.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detector
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Like Beauty and Glamour Tips

Random

Recent Posts