Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bvlgari Jasmin Noir - a truly beautiful experience

Bvlgari Jasmin Noir - a truly beautiful experience

I'm all about and all over Bvlgari's Jasmin Noir this week. It has become my latest scent obsession. Even though I've reviewed all these summer fragrances in the last few weeks, picking up a bottle of Jasmin Noir has reminded me that I'm really a dark, sultry perfume kinda girl. I do love the lighter, fresher scents, of course, but when I look at the list of my must have scents then it becomes clear that they all share one thing in common - strength. They're strong, a few of them are spicy and all of them are quite (or very) sweet.


'Bvlgari Jasmin Noir is created in dualist contrast of masculine and feminine notes. The perfumers wanted to compose Jasmin Noir with jasmine as the central ingredient, but in a very different way than before. Jasmine is wrapped and created as dark, with mysterious aromas of precious wood.'


'The composition opens with green plants juice with gardenia flowers. The heart encompasses Sambac jasmine absolute mixed with sateen almond aromas, while the base introduces dark notes of precious wood, with liquorice absolute and accords of Tonka.'


So that's the official bit out of the way. Firstly, don't you think the 25ml Jasmin Noir bottle (pictured) is super cute? OK, I should say it looks glamourus and feminine and all that. It does, yes, but it's also very cutesy and I love the fact it comes in an equally cute pouch. But then, what else would you expect from Bvlgari? Their designs and ideas have never disappointed me. I have never owned a piece of their jewellery but I'm a big fan of their Omnia (perfume). Have you seen the bottle of Omnia? If not, you should google it. And for your information, Omnia smells just as luxurious as it looks.

Anyway, onto Jasmin Noir, the scent itself. I know that you know that I'm going to say it's superb. I know that you know that it's got strong jasmine notes in it. But did you know that this scent is actually classified as an oriental, woody one? Did you know it could even be described as a slightly gourmand fragrance?
Yes, jasmine rules but there are also noticeable gardenia notes in the opening. Though they disappear quite quickly and 20 minutes into wearing this scent, I can detect spices. Jasmine is still in charge - oh yes - but all of a sudden, a bit of liquorice and almond notes appear and they make such an addictive, what I like to call, 'Middle Eastern blend'.
Jasmin Noir isn't all spices and warm notes though. There is a bit of green in there somewhere. I can't tell you what exactly those green notes are but something is preventing JN from being a pure gourmand scent. Tonka bean rules the drydown, together with jasmine and almond and liquorice, but there's also something green. I did say it's quite a woody scent, didn't I? Maybe the answer's right there - it's the woody note, quite masculine but that just adds to Jasmin Noir's sexiness.

I tend to find too much jasmine a bit sickening but Jasmin Noir is such a fabulous complex fragrance that it actually makes me LOVE it. It is my absolute favourite oriental scent because I haven't tried many that have it all - the perfect blend of flowers, spices, gourmand notes and woods. I'm quite sure Bvlgari created this beauty with a strong, confident woman in mind. A woman who likes a statement scent that is just as noticeable as her outfit/hair/make up. Jasmin Noir isn't one for the wallflowers but then, you would never be a wallflower when wearing this gorgeous scent. Trust, it would make sure you never blend into the crowd. It will make you stand out and it will draw other people closer to you. Warm, sexy, spicy - Jasmin Noir won't leave anyone cold.

Bvlgari Jasmin Noir costs from £36 for 25ml (that is the official retail price but you could find it cheaper when there are sales on etc) and can be purchased in many places - here, for example.

But wait, I can't end this post without including this image advert of Bvlgari's Mon Jasmin Noir. I'm sure you've seen it in magazines:


It's the newest addition to Bvlgari's female scents family and promises to be a slightly lighter and greener fragrance. Do I want it? Hell, yes! It's next on my (shopping) list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copy protected by Beauty Glamour and Sex

(Distribution or copying data over any site or any community (Facebook Page) without providing any link of this blog is protected.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detector
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Like Beauty and Glamour Tips

Random

Recent Posts