Thursday, August 11, 2011

For my fellow pale people: I've found a great gradual tan for us!

For my fellow pale people: I've found a great gradual tan for us!

Yes, I sound excited and hey, I AM excited. This is oh so unbelievable after all the fake tans I've tested. I mean, seriously, I've tried 'em all. Garnier, L'Oreal, Dove, Fake Bake, Xen Tan... I've tested lots of various tanning products and ohmigod, they've all turned my skin orange. Just after one use. Yup, ONE use. I've been patchy, I've had yellow skin, I've looked more orange than Jordan... But wait, all these products I'm talking about are from 2-3 years ago. I got so scared of using fake tan that I simply stopped. I thought 'OK, this clearly isn't working for me as I'll just embrace my paleness.' ...And here I am today telling you that even though embracing porcelain skin is great, I also think that having a bit of 'colour' every now and again doesn't hurt. I have found a product that is totally suitable for fair skin and will never ever look orange or fake (though who knows, it might, if you slap it on 3-4 times every day!). Here it is:


He Shi Day To Day Gradual Tan. And here is its official blurb (straight off the packaging):


For some reason, I didn't take a photo of directions so here's how to use it: "Massage into dry, clean skin on a daily basis to keep your skin bronzed, smooth and soft. Apply liberally with hands to cover your face and body. Ensure even application and wash hands immediately after use. Suitable for all skin types."

It is a lightweight lotion that smells a tiny bit of apricot. Love the texture and how nicely it blends.


Do you remember me reviewing the He Shi exfoliating body wash? I prep my skin with it and then apply this gradual tan (after getting out of shower that is). It does a great job at moisturising and sinks in fairly well. I usually only wait 5 minutes before getting dressed.
Obviously it's a gradual tan so you won't see a huge difference straight away BUT let me say, I don't even use it every day. I use it every 2-3 days and it keeps me looking 'healthy'. It adds a bit of glow/sheen to my legs/arms etc and then there's just a little bit of colour. Not yellow or orange - it's a natural looking tan. It's a barely there tan but trust me, when you're as pale as I am, you'll notice the difference straight away. Or well, 3-4 hours after applying it. Here's a random bit of my right leg, before and after using the He Shi gradual tan:


See the subtle colour on the right? Yes? Please tell me it's not just my imagination!
I am mega super duper pleased with this tanner and haven't experienced any problems while using it. No heavy biscuity scent, no streaking, develops gradually AND naturally, never looks fake/over the top/orange... I definitely recommend this product to my fellow porcelain skinned girlies - you can't really go wrong with it ('cause trust me, I've gone oh so wrong with way too many fake tans).


He Shi Day to Day Gradual Tan is available from here and retails at £14.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copy protected by Beauty Glamour and Sex

(Distribution or copying data over any site or any community (Facebook Page) without providing any link of this blog is protected.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detector
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Like Beauty and Glamour Tips

Random

Recent Posts